07 June 2010

A weekend in Paris











Oh my heavens. I just just got back from a weekend in Paris! It was probably the best time ever! I left Tours on Friday afternoon right after school and rode the TGV to Paris. I don't understand why America doesn't have a TGV these things are amazing. It took me about 1 hour to get to Paris from Tours by train and by bus it was 3 hours!
So I arrived before my friends and went to check into the hotel. After I had to go play cat and mouse in Gare du Nord. I thought it would have been easier to find them there...nope. It was so difficult. But finally found them and took them back to the hotel.





As soon as we dropped our bags off...we were gone outta there. We did so much on Friday night. We went to get a crepe first thing of course. After that we walked to the Eiffel tower. Met some professor and his daughter from BYU in line and walked to the top. Yes we walked to the 1e etage and then took the elevator to the very top. This was so fun but very exhausting! After spending a few hours there we walked to the Arc de Triomphe.
By this time we needed some food so we found a cafe to eat at. Jeff (my friend) and I split a fois gras and I got chicken.
After recharging we headed out again. We went to the Eiffel tower again. Then to Sacre Coeur and Montmartre. Afterwords we braved the red light district and walked to the Moulin Rouge. This was a little scary on a Friday night in Paris. We had one girl and 3 guys so I told Emily to walk between us because those men were eyeing here. Disgusting!
We finally got to the hotel at 2am. What a night!

Saturday was fun too, of course. We went to Roland Garros hoping someone would feel bad and give me a ticket. It didn't happen. But we wandered the grounds and looked for stars. I took lots of pictures.

We then did a lot more walking.
This was a crepe/gelato filled weekend. I have never eaten so much in my life. It was 2-3 hours between "meals." But I am not complaining one bit. It was super amazing! I love crepes and think I should open a crepperie in SLC. Don't y'all think it'll work? I do.
Sunday my train was delayed 2 hours. So I didn't get back to Tours until 10:30pm. That wasn't too bad. The train was quiet and confortable...except for the bathroom. I almost lost it in there. It smelled like an outhouse and my feet stuck to the floor. It was a little gross. Actually it was a lot of gross!
Now I am back to school finished with another day. I am going to try to go to Family Home Evening here with the missionaries. It should be fun. Also next week is stake conference in Le Mans, France so I might be going there next Sunday.
Well until next time.
Keep Reading....

5 comments:

Annie said...

bonjour Pierre : cela ressemble à de vous ont un beau temps. Je suis si heureux pour vous. Ah, je veux aller en France.

Abientot -

Annie

japetersen said...

C'etait un bon "posting" --
Continuer à écrire
Auntie judy

Bing Math said...

Je suis tres stupide en francais.

Sounds like things are going well. Friday night was jam packed with stuff you did! Cool!

Tara said...

We got your message today!! Alex even put it on speaker phone for Max to hear. We are also glad you are having fun and the food you're eating sounds delicious! Just pack a little extra in your suitcase on your way home :)

We love ya!

freddyfly said...

I want to see pics!!! I'm glad you're having fun :)