29 June 2010

Personal Mission

Ok. So this week I am on a personal mission to try a different pastry every day this week.

Yesterday I tried this wonderful treat. It was called "Caramel au beurre salé." It tasted like crème brulée.

It wasn't all that great. I don't think this is my "inner pastry." It still was delicious and I am excited to try more yummy treats.




So I do have a funny story to tell you about my dinner on Sunday. So we had turkey legs and rigatoni pasta with spaghetti sauce. It was kind of different. But my French mom asked if I wanted some Dijon mustard with my turkey. And I thought sure I guess I'm up for trying new things. So I stirred up the sauce and put some on my plate and then took a big piece of turkey on my fork. HOLY MOLY! It was like taking a big ball of wasabi and eating it plain. WOW I though that my eyes were going to pop out of my head. They watered so bad and my nose ran, I sweated, and my throat hurt. It was the most odd sensation ever! I don't think I want to do that again. I can't really describe the sensation. It was so intense.

Needless to say I didn't eat much more of that mustard.

Keep reading...

No comments: