30 June 2010

Beignet Bliss

Ok here is pastry numer 3. This one was a doosey. It is a beignet with little delicious gifts on top. So I pass this cart every Wednesday on my way to class. It's a part of the Marché aux Fleurs (flower market). I've been looking at these things for a few weeks now and decided to go for it. My housemate got one a few weeks ago with chantilly (whip cream). But the gentleman said it was too hot for chantilly so I got it with confiture framboise (raspberrry jam). It is bascailly a doughnut without a hole in it. It was probably the heaviest pastry I've bought here. But worth it.


So also today marked the start of the Soldes! It is basically where all the magasins (stores, department stores, boutiques) get rid of all the winter stock. There are some pretty good deals, however I am shopping around like usual. I might miss out on some good deals because I am waiting. I did try on a Hugo Boss & Giverny suit this afternoon. Not sure if it's worth the hassel and stress when I don't understand EVERY word they're saying. So I told the guy I would maybe come back tonight. We'll see.

Well tonight we have a group farewell dinner at "Au Lapin Qui Fume" or the bunny who smokes. I am not sure if we'll be eating bunny or other things too? I guess I'll have a story to tell later.

Keep Reading...

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Okay Peter, all those desserts are making me salivate here at work. They look sooo good. Try a bunch for me.

Alicia

Bing Math said...

What are the delicious gifts on top?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.