19 December 2008

2008 has been the BEST year of my life...thus far.

Boy how many blessings can i count that i received this year? A LOT. First of all i got to spend half of my year as a servant of the Lord as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Chrsit of Latter Day Saints, and the other half as a regular Mormon.
I was able to travel from Norhtern West Virginia to Central Virginia and see the Eastern Appalachian mountains come alive. Then i flew home to Utah, but hey it's still beautiful in its own way.
I was able to see this little boy, Dallas Ervin, get baptized a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. My brother found he and his Dad, David over 2 years ago and then along came me into the picture, re-found them and taught them the gospel. And the best part of all, my Bro was in town to witness this momentous occasion :)


After i got back to Utah in May i got a job working in customer relations with the Church. I cannot tell you how neat it is to start your day with a prayer with your coworkers. The church continues to amaze me at how wonderfu they are and what they do to help build up the kingdom of God. In fact today we were let go early because of the treterous weather conditions and we still got payed for it.
I am just grateful for my family

2 comments:

japetersen said...

Yeah, Peter! I look at your bolg every day and today -- a new post! Yippeee! I am glad you are home from your mission!
Auntie Judy

fivewoods said...

Amen to Judy - I check your blog every day too!!!! I'm also glad you are home from your mission and that you have such a great job and that you are there to help take care of your mom.